Friday, April 24, 2009

Korea-Seoul-Palace - Gyeongbokgung


Gyeongbokgung, or the palace of Felicitous Blessing, was the main palace of the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910). It opened in 1395, the fourth year of the reign of Taejo, the founding monarch of Joseon. The palace attained all necessary facilities and systems commensurate with its status as Joseon's primary palace during the reign of Sejong (r. 1418-1450).

It was burnt down in 1592 during the Japanese invasions and remained in ruins until extensive reconstruction was undertaken in 1868, the fifth year of Gojong. However, many of the structures were removed during the Japanese colonial rule (1908-1945).


7 comments:

Tim said...

I would love to visit Korea 1 day!! :)

George Fonseca said...

Blog Visitado.
O Sr° ou Voce, falar minha lingua ?

Roseli Fernandes said...

very nice blog thank´s for visit my blog kisses

Andy Wong said...

nice blog on Seoul...loved it...

dolphin said...

hello..link me to my new blog..
www.joylinechai.com
my old blog is www.thelifedancer.com

DIEGO GL said...

Nice blog!
Very interesting all the information of Korea. I hope to travel there in some moment.

DIEGO GL said...

Nice blog!
Very interesting all the information of Korea. I hope to travel there in some moment.