Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Korea-Seoul-Shopping - Insadong

Insadong and the surrounding area were the residences of Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) officials, extended royal families, and the yangban aristocratic class. The antique art shops that were established here during the Japanese Colonial Period carried everyday items of the privileged calss as these itmes became antiques in the face of modernity.

Since then, Insadong has been home to dozens of art galleries and antique shops. Insadong's narrow alleys branch out into all directions from one main street.

To explore the interesting places on these side alleys, it would be helpful to get a map of Insadong at one of three Tourism Information Centers that are located at the center and the two ends of the main stree.



Let's go to see Insadong in detail.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hello, thanks for the visit to my blog, i hope that you continues visit my blog... :D I LIKED YOU BLOG! :D

illyse said...

Hi!
Thanks for your nice comments.
How did you find me, we are so far away??

luciana Muniz said...

thanks for visiting my blog!
have a wonderfull day!

Better Watch Store said...

Thanks for the nice words about my blog. Also, thank you for the Starbucks in Seoul information. I actually love Starbucks coffee, spend way too much money on it, I wonder if it's just as expensive in Korea. You have a great looking blog too, I wish I could figure out how to put in those great videos.

tiago mesquita said...

thankx.

welcome 2 brasil!
but it's just a name.

the world is one.

Enes said...

I always wanted to go to Korea. I been an avid fan of Korean movies and tv series.

Korean Japanese MoviesExpression